Sauk Valley Community College is offering open-entry GED classes (General Educational Development) at eight off-campus locations beginning September 8 through December 17. Classes are open entry so students may register anytime. The classes prepare students to pass the GED high school equivalency exam. These off-campus locations include:
- IETC, 2323 E. Lincolnway, Sterling, 9 to 11:45 a.m., on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructor: Ann Ufkin.
- Whiteside Area Career Center, 1608 Fifth Ave., Sterling, 5 to 7:45 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays. Instructor: Gen Sanders.
- YWCA of the Sauk Valley, 412 First Ave., Sterling, 9 to 11:45 a.m., on Mondays and Wednesdays. Instructor: Paul Miller.
- Rock Falls Middle School, 1701 12th Ave., 5 to 7:45 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructor: Jeff Hardy.
- Buffalo Grove Baptist Church, 801 W. Oregon St., 6 to 8:45 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructor: Patricia Smith.
- Prophetstown High School, 310 W. Riverside, Ag Room, 6 to 8:45 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays. Instructors: Kim and Pam Meyers.
- Dixon Church of the Brethren, 215 North Court, 9 to 11:45 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructor: Sharon Lilly.
- Dixon Public Library, 221 S. Hennepin Ave., 5 to 7:45 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructor: Lois Porter.
Students need to attend a class session and registration will be conducted on site. There is no charge to the student as tuition is paid for through state and federal grants. Textbooks are provided for use in class.
For more information, call 815/288-5511, ext. 231.