- Ancient Yoga Stretching, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Mondays, October 5 through November 9. (Or 9 to 10:30 a.m., Wednesdays, October 7 through November 11.) Yoga teaches basic principles of mind/body unity. If the mind is chronically restless, and agitated the body’s health is compromised. And, if the body is in poor health, mental strength and clarity is compromised. Stretching improves energy levels, provides nourishment for muscles and connective tissues, reduces pain and stiffness, gains flexibility and helps heal joints and muscles. Cost: $50.
- Tai Chi, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., Thursdays, October 8 through November 12. (Or 5 to 6 p.m., Thursdays, October 9 through November 13). This ancient Oriental method of breathing exercises and techniques overcomes stress, chronic fatigue, apathy, and ill health. Learn a simple and complete strategy for stretching and relaxing of the muscles along with a common sense approach to nutrition. Cost for each class is $50. An intermediate course will be offered from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., on Saturdays, October 10 through November 14. Cost for any class: $50.
- Meditation & Breathing Therapy, 5 to 6 p.m., Tuesdays, October 6 through November 10. One meditates to discipline the mind, cultivate awareness, and see things as they are. Learn how to become conscious of unhealthy breathing patterns and integrate deep, natural, healthy breathing. Learn to use full range movement in the lungs, diaphragm, belly, back and entire body. Natural breathing and meditation reduces stress, improves health, increases energy, and supports self-knowledge and transformation. Cost: $35.
- Thai Boxing, 5 to 6:30 p.m., October 7 through November 11. (Or 5 to 7:30 p.m. Saturdays October 3 through November 7).The body has nine weapons. Participants will learn how to harness them for self defense. The class focuses on control of the body and senses (Tai Chi) and the understanding of Muay Thai Kickboxing. Cost for either class: $50.
- Nia, 5:30 to 6:45 p.m., Tuesdays, October 6 through November 10. Nia is a transformational fusion fitness class that combines martial, healing, and dance arts to safely address the body, mind, spirit, and emotions. Nia, energetically-textured with Eastern and Western movements, uses the entire body to stay fit and healthy in more enjoyable ways. You trim, tone, and define more of you because of your focus is on potential and pleasure rather than pain and competition. Nia fits all bodies, ages, and can be adjusted for any fitness level. Cost: $45.