Nine single parents who are also Sauk Valley Community College students recently received a boost with their education through the Sauk Foundation and private donations.
The winners, their hometowns, and their majors include:
- DIXON: Aracely Dallgas-Frey, psychology major; and Tasha Morton, legal secretary (OAS).
- MOUNT MORRIS: Tammy Olsen, licensed practical nursing (LPN).
- MORRISON: Sabrina Williams, emergency medical technician (EMT).
- ROCK FALLS: Jessinia Loyola, social work; and Jessica Walters, licensed practical nursing (LPN).
- STERLING: Jennifer Knapp, nursing; Ann Lopez, criminal justice; and Niko Nieto, nursing.
The Sauk Foundation is a non-profit corporation that broadens the educational opportunities and services that SVCC provides for its students. Each year the Foundation awards numerous scholarships that total more than $160,000. For more information on the Sauk Foundation, call 815/288-5511, ext. 345.