Sauk Valley Community College will offer GED classes (General Educational Development) at eight off-campus locations beginning January 11 through May 6. The classes, which prepare students to pass the GED high school equivalency exam, are open entry so students may register anytime during the semester. Off-campus locations include:
- IETC, 2323 E. Lincolnway, Sterling, 9 to 11:45 a.m., on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructor: Cathy Matthews.
- Whiteside Area Career Center, 1608 Fifth Ave., Sterling, 4:30 to 7:15 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays. Instructor: Gen Sanders.
- YWCA of the Sauk Valley, 412 First Ave., Sterling, 9 to 11:45 a.m., Mondays and Wednesdays. Instructor: Paul Miller.
- Rock Falls Middle School, 1701 12th Ave., 5 to 7:45 p.m., Mondays and Tuesdays, Instructor: Jeff Hardy.
- Faith Discovery Church, 801 W. Oregon St., 6:30 to 9:15 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructor: Patricia Smith.
- Prophetstown High School, 310 W. Riverside, Ag Room, 6 to 8:45 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays. Instructor: Kim and Pam Meyers.
- Dixon Church of the Brethren, 215 N. Court, 9 to 11:45 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructor: Sharon Lilly.
- Dixon Public Library, 221 S. Hennepin Ave., 4:30 to 7:15 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructor: Lois Porter.
Registration is quick and easy. Students need just attend a class session and registration will be conducted on site. There is no charge to the student as tuition is paid for through state and federal grants. Textbooks
are provided for use in class.
For further information, call 815-288-5511, extensions 312 or 231.