Twenty-three single parents who are also Sauk Valley Community College students recently received a boost with their education through the Sauk Foundation and private donations.
Amy Viering, Sauk’s director of foundation and grants, said recipients of this grant work extremely hard to balance family and work while pursuing their education.
We are pleased to be able to provide financial support to assist them to improve their lives and the lives of their children,” Viering said.
The winners and their hometowns include:
- AMBOY: Crystal Richardson and Patricia Rood.
- DIXON: Maria Duncan, Patricia Hobdy, Shannon Smith, Tasha Morton, Wendy Williams, and Lacey Stinson.
- FRANKLIN GROVE: Leeniece Rumoro.
- LYNDON: Lindsey Steele.
- MORRISON: Sabrina Williams.
- OREGON: Devinn Grimes.
- ROCK FALLS: Ashley Holland, Heather Gould, Jessica Schuessler, and Sherry Kline.
- STERLING: Darcy Allie, Valerie Howes, Tracee Randall, Andrea Regalado-Prado, Jennifer Reyle, LeAnn Shipman and Molly Quick.
The Sauk Foundation is a non-profit corporation that broadens the educational opportunities and services that SVCC provides for its students. Each year the Foundation awards numerous scholarships that total more than $160,000. For more information on the Sauk Foundation, call 815/288-5511, ext. 345.