Sauk Valley Community College is currently offering GED classes (General Educational Development) at five off-campus locations from now through Thursday, August 5. GED classes prepare students to pass the GED high school equivalency exam, and are open entry so students may register anytime during the semester. Off-campus GED locations include:
- Dixon Church of the Brethren, 215 N. Court, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 to 11:45 a.m. Instructor: Sharon Lilly.
- Dixon Public Library, 221 S. Hennepin Ave., Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30 to 7:15 p.m. Instructor: Lois Porter.
- IETC/Unemployment Office, 2323 E. Lincolnway, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 to 11:45 a.m. Instructor: Cathy Matthews.
- YWCA of the Sauk Valley, 412 First Ave., Mondays and Wednesdays, 12 to 2:45 p.m. Instructor: Paul Miller
- Rock Falls Middle School, 1701 12th Ave., Mondays and Tuesdays, 9-11:45 a.m. Instructor: Pam Meyers.
Sauk is also offering an ESL (English as a Second Language) class from now through August 5, off campus in Sterling at:
- St. Mary’s Parish Center, 600 Ave. B, Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 to 11:45 a.m. Instructor: Sherry Dimmig.
This class is also open entry so students may register anytime. ESL classes help non-English-speaking students develop and improve English speaking, reading, and writing skills.
For more information, call Sauk’s Office of Adult Education at 815/288-5511, ext. 312 or 231.