Sauk and the Burpee Museum will offer a Paleontology Camp for 1st through 3rd graders. Participants will explore the world of dinosaurs with fun hands-on activities. This camp will feature:
- Giants-Dinosaurs of Africa, Monday, July 25. Participants will meet the giants and find out who are the dinosaurs of Africa. They will also learn about vision as they dissect a cow's eye!
- Walking with the Giants, Tuesday, July 26. Campers will experiment with joints and engineering to find out how the dinosaurs moved. They will also construct their own giants.
- Giants' Jaws, Claws, and All, Wednesday, July 27. This day will let campers examine the teeth and claws of the African dinosaurs as well as work with them.
- Giant Predators and Prey, Thursday, July 28. Campers will learn about the habitat of the dinosaurs and use microfossils to examine it as well. They will know so much, they can create their own museum exhibit!
Sauk and the Discovery Center will offer a Science Camp for 4th through 6th graders. Participants will enjoy a week of incredible science exploration and fun hands-on projects. This camp will feature:
- Weather Forecasting, Monday, July 25. Participants will learn the basics behind the wild weather of the Midwest. They will be able to learn how to collect data to predict the weather as well!
- Medieval Science, Tuesday, July 26. Seize the castle! Campers will recreate the science of catapults, swords, armor and more.
- Teamwork Invention Challenge, Wednesday, July 27. Participants will work in teams to solve a series of challenging science problems that will make them use their thinking caps.
- Spin!, Thursday, July 28. Straight lines may get boring! Campers will study spin in sports and entertainment, then see radical rotations that defy gravity.
Cost for either camp is $75 for all four days. To register, call Sauk's Office of Admissions and Records at 815/288-5511, ext 273, or stop by the admissions office in Room 1J1. Admissions office hours are 7 a.m. to 7p.m. Mondays through Wednesdays, and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Thursdays.
For more information about either camp, call Sauk's Office of Personal and Professional Development at 815/288-5511, ext. 212.