TRiO is offering several workshops throughout the fall semester in many areas to help students excel. The following is a list with descriptions of workshops.
• Fall Orientation Tuesday August 16th (12:30-1:30), East Mall
• TRiO Toolkit for Success (Getting organized, setting academic goals, and planning for a successful year) Wednesday, August 31 (12:300-1:30), Rm 2M3
• Beating the Clock (Winning at the tug of war for our time, setting boundaries & sticking with a schedule) Wednesday, September 21 (12:30-1:30), Rm 2L1A
• Me and My Money (How to budget your money, stick with a budget, and lessen your financial burden) Tuesday, October 4 (12-1pm), Rm2L1A
• Ready, Set, Transfer! (Being prepared to transfer to a four year college using tips, checklists, and tools) Wednesday, October 19 (12:30-1:30) , Rm 2M3
• Murphy’s Law: Dealing with the unexpected (Dealing with obstacles and getting back on track using campus resources) Thursday, November 10 (12-1), Rm 2M3
• Scholarship Search (Learn how to find scholarships both internally as well externally. Search some great website & learn about deadlines and qualifications), Rm2M3 Wednesday, November (3-4)
For more information, please contact Tedra Mewhirter at 815,28,5511, ext. 223, or stop by the TriO Office, room 1H2.