Back to Year Index | Monthly Archive | Recent Releases
- Compare the Cost
Everyone deserves quality education at an affordable price to get the goal at the end...a degree. That is what Sauk wants to make sure students can accomplish. Students attending a four year institution and students attending SVCC for two years followed by a university or college will both earn the ...
- Students Transferring to NIU Apply for Free in February!
February is Free Application month at Northern Illinois University. Transfer students who apply to NIU during this month will have the $40 application fee waived!...
- Check Out the Eight Week Spring Courses Available This Spring
Sauk Valley Community College second eight week courses will begin as early as March 12.
- Apply Now to be a Student Mentor!
The Retention Office is searching for students who are willing and
able to assist their fellow students by mentoring a study
group. Participation in a study group helps students to not
only gain a better understanding of the course material, but also develop
the students' s...
- Hoops Swoop Back to SVCC for the NJCAA Region IV Basketball Tournament
Sauk Valley Community College will again host the NJCAA Region IV Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournament March 3, 7, 8 and 10.
- SVCC 2011 Fall Semester President's & Dean's List
hundred twenty-two full- and part-time Sauk Valley Community College students
have been named to the President’s List for high academic achievement during
the 2011 fall semester. Another 151
students made the Deans’ List....
- Sauk Valley Symposium Featuring "Caught in the Middle" author Richard Longworth
Richard C. Longworth will be the keynote speaker for a Feb. 23
Sauk Valley Symposium, a joint effort by Sauk Valley Community College and Sauk
- Potential Nursing and Rad Tech Students Limited Admission Allied Health Programs Deadline Approaches
Any potential SVCC nursing or rad tech student needs to remember that the deadline for priority applications for limited admission allied health programs is March 1. This is for LPN, ADN on campus and the rad tech program starting in Fall 2012....
- Student Government Association & ABC AmeriCorps Sponsor Blood Drive Feb. 27
Sauk Valley Community College Student
Government Association and ABC AmeriCorps will sponsor an American Red Cross
blood drive in the SVCC East Mall on February 27 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00
- SVCC Student Veterans' Organization Carnation Sales
- February is Financial Aid Month...Attend SVCC FAFSA Workshop Feb. 19
February is Financial Aid Month! Sauk Valley Community College’s
Financial Assistance Office will hold a free workshop Sunday, February 19 from
1-3 p.m. in room 1F2 for any student wanting to apply for financial aid for the
2012-2013 academic year....
- SVCC Celebrates Black History Month February 15 & 16
Sauk Valley Community College recognizes Black History Month with two free
events hosted at the College February 15 and 16....
- Project VITAL Tutor Training Starts Feb. 13
Project VITAL (Volunteers in Teaching Adult Literacy) seeks volunteer
tutors for the new year as it holds its 12 hour training program starting
- Online Transfer Day Feb. 2-Talk to Colleges Around the Nation for Free
SVCC invites you to sign up for CollegeWeek
Live’s Transfer Day happening February 2. This free online feature will allow
you to do the following:...
- Have You Considered Your Future at SVCC?
DeAndre saw his future starting at Sauk. He did not realize
at first that Sauk would be a place that “broadened his horizons.”...
- Get Your Ticket to See Damon Johnson Perform in PTK Concert for a Cause
Sauk Valley Community College’s international honor society, Phi Theta
Kappa, will host “Concert for a Cause” February 25 at 6:30 p.m. in the
Starlight Theater in Sterling. The main performer, back by popular demand, will
be singer/songwriter Damon Johnson....
- Comedian Erik Rivera Coming to SVCC Feb. 2
Mark your calendar for February 2 at 7 p.m. to come see comedian Erik
Rivera’s free performance at Sauk Valley Community College’s Mathis Theater....