Back to Year Index | Monthly Archive | Recent Releases
- Get in Your Cap & Gown Orders
Sauk Valley Community College's 2014 Commencement Ceremony will be held Friday, May 16 at 7 p.m....
- Sign Up for the Art Trip to Milwaukee...Deadline April 5
Interested in art? Sauk Valley Community College’s art
department is taking a bus trip to the Milwaukee Art Museum and Milwaukee
Institute of Art and Design Thursday, April 26....
- Tunnel of Oppression Opens Eyes and Minds
Sauk Valley Community College invites the public to “rethink their
role” as it presents the Tunnel of Oppression for a second year, free of
charge, April 4 and 5 in the SVCC Gym. Both days will have two walk-throughs
from 12:15-1:15 p.m. and 7-8:30 p.m....
- Second Annual Criminal Justice Career Fair April 10
A great opportunity to get educated about potential careers in criminal justice is available to the Sauk Valley area as Sauk Valley Community College hosts the Criminal Justice Career Fair Tuesday, April 10 from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. in the West Mall....
- Cap and Gown Order Forms Due March 23 for May Commencement
Sauk Valley Community College's 2012 Commencement Ceremony will be held Friday, May 11 at 7 p.m....
- Expanding Opportunities-SVCC Student, Kala Karrow, Receives NIH Internship
Kala Karrow, a freshman at Sauk Valley Community College,
will spend her summer in Bethesda, Maryland, interning at the headquarters of
the National Institute of Health (NIH). ...
- Phi Theta Kappa Inducts 37 New Members for Spring '12
members were recently inducted into the Beta Alpha Gamma chapter of Phi Theta Kappa
(PTK) at Sauk Valley Community College. The new members and their hometowns
- Free 28th Annual Child Fair March 24
Sauk Valley Community College will host the 28th annual
Child Fair from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at SVCC. The Child Fair
is free to the public....
- Registration for Summer and Fall Courses Starts this April!
Summer courses start June 4th and fall courses start August 20th! Make sure you register for your classes as seats fill up fast. ...
- Spoken Word Poetry by Jinahie March 21
Sauk Valley Community College will host Spoken Word Poetry by Jinahie
Wednesday, March 21 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. free to the public in Mathis Theater. ...
- SVCC Encourages Students to Complete 2012-13 FAFSA for Financial Aid
Valley Community College Financial Assistance Office is encouraging current and
potential students to complete their financial aid forms by March as State funds
may be depleted in a short amount of time this year....
- SVCC Tuition Increased by $2/Credit Hour, State Average Increase by $4
As stated in SVCC Board of Trustee Agenda:
With the ongoing poor prognosis for the Illinois budget, it is unknown what level of funding the College will receive in the future. Rather than hold off on a tuition increase until there is a funding crisis which would require a large tuition jump, it is...
- Local Youth Attend Student Leadership Academy at SVCC
area students from several local high schools are learning career exploration
and preparation through the Student Leadership Academy at Sauk Valley Community
College. The Leadership Academy is divided up into
three separate sessions that concentrate on training youth to be strong...
- Private Illinois College and University Day March 21
Here is a chance to visit with
representatives from many private colleges and universities in Illinois at one
time. Whether you are considering transferring to a private institution or know
that you are, this is your chance to ask all the questions at once. Don't miss out on getting the information ...