Back to Year Index | Monthly Archive | Recent Releases
- Are We Up-to-Date with Technology? Take our Survey Through April 5
students make sure to take part in our
informational technology survey! We want to know what is working and how we
can help make your experience with educational technology of the highest
- Get Ready for the 29th Annual Child Fair
Sauk Valley Community College will host the 29th annual
Child Fair “A World of Wonder” on Saturday, April 13 at SVCC. Booths will be
open 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and a performance of the children’s play “Alice in
Wonderland” begins at noon in the gym....
- Last TEAS Test for June 1 Deadline
The TEAS test is required for application to the nursing programs. This is the last scheduled test for those in the ADN and LPN program wanting to reach the June 1 deadline....
- See How SVCC Students Do the Harlem Shake
- SVCC Dixon Dual Credit Class Update; Two Classes to Be Held at SVCC
Sauk Valley Community College will hold two Dixon High School dual
credit classes at the College starting this week. These classes include
Psychology (PSY) 103 and Speech (SPE) 131. Both classes are currently taught by
- Meet Over 20 Representatives at Illinois Private College and University Day
Here is a chance to visit with representatives from many private colleges and universities in Illinois at one time. Whether you are considering transferring to a private institution or know that you are, this is your chance to ask all the questions at once. Don't miss out on getting the information ...
- Candice DeLong Shares Her Story as a Woman on the Front Lines of the FBI
Sauk Valley Community College invites the public to a free presentation Special Agent: My Life on the Front Lines as a Woman in the FBI by former FBI
agent Candice DeLong Thursday, March 21 at 7 p.m. in Mathis Theatre....
- DHS Dual Credit Classes Postponed During Dixon Public School Strike
Sauk Valley Community College will cancel classes for its five dual
credit courses offered at Dixon High School until the Dixon Public School strike
- Soar and Explore Nontraditional Careers at SVCC
Many people overlooks certain careers, thinking it is not for them because it is a “man’s job” or a “woman’s job.” On March 21, Sauk Valley Community College wants the community to look beyond job stereotypes and consider opportunities in nontraditional careers. T...
- Check Out Our New Student Newspaper, "The Red Tail"
At the end of every month, you will be able to learn what has and will be happening at SVCC. The new student newspaper, The Red Tail, will give you great reports and updates on news, sports, features and more!...
- Open Your Eyes and Mind at Tunnel of Oppression
Sauk Valley Community College invites the public to “rethink their
role” as it presents the Tunnel of Oppression for a third year, free of charge,
March 6 and 7 in SVCC east mall and Mathis Theatre. Both days will have two
walk-throughs from 12:15-1:15 p.m. and 7-8:30 p.m....