The Sauk Valley Community College music department will hold its annual fall concert Sunday, October 27 at 2 p.m. at the Historic Dixon Theatre. The event will include performances by SVCC’s concert choir and concert band.
The SVCC concert choir performance, under the direction of Mark Bressler, will present a variety of music to put audiences in an autumn mood. They include:
- O Sing! Rejoice! (from The Choice of Hercules) –George Frederich Handel
- How Can I Keep from Singing-arr. Andy Beck
- Ave Verum-Camille Saint-Saens
- The Irish Blessing-Joyce Eilers
The SVCC concert band, also under the direction of Mark Bressler, will follow with an arrangement of music including:
- Colonel Bogey- Kenneth Alford
- The Immovable Duo-Percy Grainger
- Kingswood Overture- James Ployhar
- Trauermusik- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Summer Dances- Brian Balmages
Admission is free for all patrons. Donations for theatre renovations will be accepted at the door. SVCC performance ensembles have open enrollment with no audition required for any community member interested. For more information, contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org.