New Student Express Walk-in Enrollment All in One Day
8 am - 4 pm
December 5-9, 12-16, 19-22 & January 3-5
Student Services Center Check-in (West Mall), 815-835-6354, svcc.edu/ssc
No Appointment Necessary but you should arrive by 2PM to help ensure completion of process.
Here’s what you can accomplish:
• Complete your SVCC student information form & learn about programs/classes
• Satisfy class placement requirements. Placement test(s) may be required.
• Meet with an academic advisor to discuss career plans, placement test results, and course/program requirements
• Register for classes including a required new student orientation
• Fill out your financial aid paperwork (and get help if you need and choose to do so)
• Set up a payment plan
Apply early for SVCC Financial Aid:
• Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form before coming to campus. We encourage you to bring any documentation as requested through the FAFSA process and to ask questions of our Financial Assistance staff.
Directions for applying: svcc.edu/students/finaid/apply
What you need to bring:
• A valid photo (driver’s license, passport, military ID, or other government issued ID).
• Checkbook or credit card to set up your Payment Plans. (Note: payment may be due at time of registration if FAFSA is not completed before August 1).
• Your social security number.
• Your FSA ID and password (if you have completed the FAFSA and are wanting to work with financial assistance).
• Other academic records (high school transcript, college/university transcript).
Express Walk-in Enrollment is available between 8 am – 4 pm. You can expect to spend:
• About half hour completing your Student Information form & learning about programs/classes
• About 2 hours completing your placement test(s) (if required)
• About half hour meeting with your academic advisor
• About half hour completing FAFSA (if you choose to do so)
• About 15 minutes doing Financial Aid paperwork
• About 15 minutes setting up your payment plan
You will be served on a first come, first-served basis. Times are estimates only.
The actual process may require more or less time, depending on your individual circumstances.
To assure enough time to complete the process, we suggest you arrive NO LATER THAN 2 pm.
In some cases, you may need to schedule a follow-up appointment.
Parking is available in the west lot.