My PED classes at the Sauk YMCA
PED 150-153 section A & C
Physical Education (PED) classes are your intro to a multi-station weight machine circuit using sub-maximal weights with multiple repetitions.
After initial cardiovascular and other physiological testing, you will develop your strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance.
Educational sessions and volunteer opportunities are available to enhance your experience in the course.
2016-2017 in-district tuition is $122, and the course fee is $40. For Senior Citizens, tuition is free and the course fee is $40.
You can enroll in PED classes throughout the year.
My Sauk YMCA Benefits?
- As a PED student, you get a free YMCA membership to ALL Sauk Valley Area YMCA facilities.
- Workout when you want, where you want, and earn credit while you do it.
- The all new state-of-the-art Cybex cardio and strength equipment features the ultimate in adjustability (including accessibility for those using a wheelchair) for different workouts and resistance levels to reduce stress on your joints, mimic the body's true movements, and help meet your goals.
- Group exercise classes are FREE for Y members (With the exception of specialized classes such as Yoga).
- Classes range from Insanity to the Aerobic Hip Hop dance classes - something for everyone.
- Classes are held at SVCC above the gymnasium and at the Sterling and Dixon locations.
Hours for My Sauk YMCA
Monday-Thursday 6am-8pm and Friday 6am-4pm.
The Y is closed on days the SVCC offices are closed.
Hours may be modified during school breaks.
The friendly YMCA staff can answer of your questions: 815.835.6466, email@example.com, or visit their website at saukymca.org.