Express Registration can get students new to SVCC through the enrollment process in one day!
- January 3-6, 10-13
- 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Call the Student Services Center at 815-835-6273 to check-in and for more information.
No Appointment Necessary but you should call in by 12PM to help ensure completion of the process. On-campus services are limited.
No appointments are necessary. Here’s what you can accomplish:
- Complete your SVCC student information form & learn about programs/classes
- Satisfy class placement requirements. Placement test(s) may be required.
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss career plans, placement test results, and course/program requirements
- Register for classes including a required new student orientation
- Fill out your financial aid paperwork (and get help if you need and choose to do so)
- Set up a payment plan
Apply early for SVCC Financial Aid
- Potential students should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form prior to coming on campus. Students are encouraged to bring documentation with them as requested through the FAFSA process and ask questions of the Financial Assistance staff members
Directions for Applying: svcc.edu/students/finaid/apply
What you need to bring
To make sure you can complete your admission, enrollment and financial aid, you will need to bring:
- A valid photo (driver’s license, passport, military ID, or other government issued ID).
- Checkbook or credit card to set up your Payment Plans. Payment will be due at time of registration if FAFSA is not completed before July 30).
- Your social security number.
- Your FSA ID and password (if FAFSA is completed you and want to work with financial assistance).
- Other academic records (high school transcript, college/university transcript).
Express Walk-in Enrollment is available between 8 am – 4 pm. You can expect to spend:
- About half hour completing your Student Information form & learning about programs/classes
- About 2 hours completing your placement test(s) (if required)
- About half hour meeting with your academic advisor
- About half hour completing FAFSA (if you choose to do so)
- About 15 minutes doing Financial Aid paperwork
- About 15 minutes setting up your payment plan
You will be served on a first come, first-served basis. Times are estimates only. The actual process may require more or less time, depending on your individual circumstances.
To assure enough time to complete the process, we suggest you call to start the process NO LATER THAN NOON.
In some cases, you may need to schedule a follow-up appointment.
Parking is available in the West lot.
For additional information, visit the Student Services Center (first floor; West Mall), call 815-835-6233, or visit svcc.edu/ssc.