- Helping to identify strengths & sources of support
- Connecting with school & community resources
- Offering a different perspective
- Helping develop new problem-solving & coping skills
- Just having someone listen
When appropriate, advisors may refer students to other mental health professionals and community resources when in the best interest of the student.
If you are looking for information and resource referral for yourself or a friend, check out this web site: www.ulifeline.org
Personal information that you share with an advisor is confidential unless you give permission to share it with others. The only exceptions to this policy are when it involves potential harm to self or others, when the safety of a child is at risk, or when it is requested by a court order.
To make an appointment with an advisor, please schedule an appointment online (on-campus only) or stop by the Academic Advising Office, Room 1H2.