Students requesting services for documented disabilities are encouraged to contact the Disability Support Office (DSO) early in their enrollment planning. Eligibility and registration for services through the DSO is independent from registration of classes. All students requesting services must meet with the Coordinator each semester before accommodations or auxiliary aides will be extended.
New students to Sauk see “How to Enroll - New Student.”
Taking the placement test? The tests are untimed. However, ifyou are requesting accommodations, you must meet with the DSO at least one week prior to testing.
Schedule an appointment with the DSO by calling 815-835-6220.
- This appointment will last approximately one hour. Be prepared to discuss your disability.
- No accommodations will be provided without an intake consultation with the Coordinator.
- Submit documentation of disability.
- Please note that a request for alternative text materials must be made one week in advance to ensure time to secure the materials.
- Braille materials may take up to six months to secure.
- Requests for accommodations and auxiliary aides should be accompanied by supporting documentation of a disability.
- An IEP, 504 plan, or SOP, in and of itself, are not sufficient documentation but may be included.
- SVCC is not bound by an IEP, 504, or SOP plan from another institution or organization.
- Documentation of a disability is housed separately from academic records and should be submitted directly to the DSO.
- Find additional information on documentation of a disability.
- Secure Fax
- Sandra Geiseman, Coordinator of Disability Support