The Federal PLUS Loan Program offers long-term educational loans to qualified parents of dependent undergraduate students. To qualify for the PLUS Loan the following requirements must be met:
- The borrower must be a parent of the student
- The parent and student must be U.S. citizens or nationals, or eligible noncitizens
- The student must:
- Be a dependent undergraduate student attending an approved college on at least a half-time basis, in an eligible program leading to a degree or certificate.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as established by the college.
- Comply with Selective Service registration requirements.
- Neither be in default on any student loan, nor owe a refund on a grant.