2014-2015 Cost of Attendance
The following figures reflect survey data that determines your cost of attending SVCC for the 2014-2015 academic year. This Cost of Attendance is based on survey results demonstrating that most students incur the same direct educational costs annually. Your indirect educational costs are based on your own circumstances, and can vary from student to student. Depending on your situation and major, your direct educational costs may be higher or lower than those presented below. For more information regarding the Cost of Attendance, please contact our office at (815) 288-5511 extension 339.
All budgets are based on 32 weeks / 9 months using information returned on the budget survey and verified by additional documentation in some instances.
- Tuition and Fees $3,146
- Books and Supplies $1,829
- Housing and Rental Costs $6,750
- Transportation $1,760
- Miscellaneous Expenses $1,488
- TOTAL $14,973
- Tuition and Fees ($3,146.00): Based on tuition of $107.00 per hour multiplied by 14** hours per semester, and an additional $150.00 lab fees. **Please note that the hours per semester have been adjusted from previous years, which used 16, to 14 based on data showing the average full-time student enrollment for 10-11 and 11-12 was 14 credit hours per term.
- Housing / Rent Costs ($6,750.00): Based on Fall 2012 survey results - 9 months of housing of $500 and utilities & food of $250 per month.
- Books and Supplies ($1,829.00): Based on the Fall 2012 survey. Average price for books $1,697.00 and $132.00 in supply costs.
- Transportation ($1,760.00): Provides for $50 in gas per week, and an additional $160 per award year for incidental costs associated with driving.
- Miscellaneous Expenses ($1,488.00): Based on the 13-14 allowance plus a 1.6% increase for cost of living based on the January 2014 CPI for 'all items less food and energy'
Summer Cost of Attendance
Summer COA is either 4 or 8 weeks in length, and can be determined by dividing the 32 week COA by the appropriate number of weeks.
Out of District
- Tuition and Fees $8,848* Based on tuition of $316 per hour multiplied by 14 hours per semester.
Out of State
- Tuition and Fees $9,604* Based on tuition of $343 per hour multiplied by 14 hours per semester.