Federal Work-Study JobsThe Office of Financial Assistance posts job openings for on-campus federal work-study positions only, and SVCC's Student Activities area provides support in finding off-campus or internship employment.
Our office attempts to place students in positions that will enhance their current or expected career objectives. We highly encourage you to complete an application as soon as possible to take advantage of this opportunity.
Applications are kept on file for a maximum of 90 days.
**New Policy - Effective January 17, 2013:
All new work-study students are required to complete an orientation prior to beginning work. Students will be required to set up an appointment with Kristina Fordyce in the Office of Financial Assistance. At this appointment students will view an introduction to SVCC’s work-study program, policies and expectations. They will also complete the required harassment training and DCFS Mandated Reporter Training.
Current Job Listings
Also See Job Posting Board on the 1st floor across from the Counseling office.
Current Pay Rate:
$8.25 an hour
- Administrative Offices – Clerical
- Admissions – Clerical
- AmeriCorps – Clerical
- AmeriCorps – Tutor
- Athletics – Clerical & Game Setup
- Building & Grounds – Custodial
- Building & Grounds – Maintenance
- Building & Grounds – Clerical
- Business & Community Ed – Clerical
- Counseling – Clerical
- Financial Assistance – Clerical
- Fitness Center – Clerical & Custodial
- Health Careers – Clerical
- Information Center – Clerical
- Information Services – Computer Repair
- Information Services Data Lab – Clerical
- Instructional Tech – Clerical & Computer Setup
- Learning Assistance Center – Tutor
- Learning Resource Center – Clerical
- Marketing – Clerical
- Print Shop – Clerical
- Student Needs – Clerical
- Student Support Services – Clerical
- Student Support Services – Tutor
- Testing Center – Clerical
- Theater – Clerical
- Theater – Production Setup/Takedown
- VITAL – Tutor