What is RSS?
Need an easy way to stay on top of the latest news from Sauk? Subscribe to any of the Sauk RSS feeds offered below and automatically have the latest news, sports info, job opening's, etc. delivered directly to your internet browser or desktop.
1. What are RSS feeds?
RSS (Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary) is a way for websites to summarize their content, such as news articles or blog entries, and deliver headlines, descriptions, and links for easy, clutter-free access to the information you want most. The information is delivered through a feed; The feeds are collected by an RSS newsreader application. If RSS is still a little fuzzy for you, check out this video that illustrates RSS!
2. Why should I use an RSS feed?
Subscribing to an RSS feed means saving time because you stay ahead of what’s new without having to browse every site you normally visit. An RSS reader aggregates the content for you to view in one place; this saves time and brings you the content like when you're reading a newspaper with the advantage to view only headlines. You're in control of which articles you want to read.
3. How can I subscribe to these RSS feeds?
In order to subscribe to an RSS feed, you will need two things: an RSS reader (also known as a news aggregator) and url (web address) of the RSS feed that you wish to subscribe.
- Download a News Aggregator / RSS Reader (you can pick one from the list below):
- Locate the web address (url) of the RSS feed that you wish to subscribe (there is a list of our RSS feeds above). For example: http://feeds.feedburner.com/rss/news
4. What internet browsers are compatible with RSS?
(please update your internet browser if you have a previous version):
-Internet Explorer 7 & 8 / Click here for an RSS tutorial for Internet Explorer
-Firefox 2 & 3 / Click here for an RSS tutorial for Firefox
-Opera / Click here for an RSS tutorial for Opera
-Safari / Click here for an RSS tutorial for Safari
5. Have any more questions?
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions webpage here!
- Contact us if you have any additional questions at: email@example.com