In the United States, colleges and universities voluntarily seek institutional accreditation from nongovernmental bodies. Sauk maintains institutional accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) which evaluates the entire college against the HLC's criteria.
SVCC's Accreditation History
The College first received institutional accreditation in March 1972, has maintained continued accreditation ever since. SVCC was most recently accredited in 2012 for 10 years.
Sauk Valley Community College is accredited by
Higher Learning Commission of the
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400
Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504
- The Associates Degree in Nursing program (ADN) is an approved program by the Illinois State Board of Nursing/Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program is approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Some classes of the Fire Science program has approval through the Office of the State Fire Marshall.
- The Paramedic program will apply in 2013 for accreditation through the Committee on Accreditation of Emergency Medical Services Professions.
- The Radiation Technology program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.