Sauk Valley Community College is committed to ensuring the responsible and ethical treatment of all human subjects involved in research, whether conducted by College students, employees, or by outside researchers. (See Board Policy 519.01, Human Subject Research Policy) This responsibility is shared by SVCC and the researchers.
SVCC policy and federal regulations require that any research activities involving human subjects be conducted in such a manner as to:
- Respect and protect the rights, privacy, and welfare of the subjects involved;
- Ensure that informed consent is obtained when appropriate or required; and
- Ensure that the potential benefits from the research outweigh any risks.
Anyone proposing to conduct research involving human subjects must obtain approval from SVCC’s Institutional Review Board prior to starting the project.
Researchers should contact the Dean of Institutional Research and Planning to obtain a Human Subject Research Request Form.
SVCC student researchers must have an employee sponsor. The student or sponsor should contact the Dean of Institutional Research and Planning before beginning any human research.
For additional information, see the following:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Information for researchers not affiliated with SVCC
- Information for researchers affiliated with SVCC
Questions and inquiries may be directed to:
Steve Nunez, Dean of Institutional Research and Planning