Tells who we are as an institution and what we do
Sauk Valley Community College is dedicated to teaching and scholarship while engaging the community in lifelong learning, public service, and economic development.
Shared Ethical Values
Tells how we do what we do
Sauk Valley Community College respects the worth and dignity of all people; stands for integrity and fairness; and encourages responsibility, accountability, and persistence in a caring, supportive environment.
Tells where we want to go as an institution
Sauk Valley Community College will be a leader in student achievement while expanding access to higher education across the Sauk Valley region.
Goals: Strategic activities that will move the College toward its vision
Objectives: Tactical activities that will enable the College to achieve its goals
Goal 1. Increase Access to Educational Opportunities.
- Objective 1.1. Identify and remediate barriers to student access.
- Objective 1.2. Be responsive to community needs by offering new and appropriate academic programs and classes.
- Objective 1.3. Be operationally efficient in order to maintain a low cost of attendance for students.
- Objective 1.4. Expand appropriate customized training opportunities based on community need.
- Objective 1.5. Expand appropriate personal and professional development opportunities based on community need.
- Objective 1.6. Expand access to Adult Education (G.E.D. and E.S.L.).
- Objective 1.7. Emphasize summer enrollment opportunities.
- Objective 1.8. Expand quality online programs and classes.
- Objective 1.9. Increase alternate and appropriate class options (e.g., locations, times, modes).
- Objective 1.10. Provide opportunities to successfully complete developmental education more quickly.
- Objective 1.11. Provide flexible start times to academic (for-credit) classes.
- Objective 1.12. Expand access to dual-credit.
Goal 2. Increase Academic Achievement.
- Objective 2.1. Identify and remediate barriers to student success.
- Objective 2.2. Improve the rate of G.E.D. students who also earn a college credential.
- Objective 2.3. Improve student persistence (“passing grades”) in developmental education courses.
- Objective 2.4. Improve student persistence (“passing grades”) in college-level face-to- face courses.
- Objective 2.5. Improve student persistence (“passing grades”) in online college-level courses.
- Objective 2.6. Improve semester-to- semester retention rates.
- Objective 2.7. Increase student momentum (increase the number of credit hours complete by students each semester).
- Objective 2.8. Improve the degree and certificate completion rates.
- Objective 2.9. Improve the student transfer rates to other colleges and universities.
- Objective 2.10. Provide high quality professional development to faculty and staff as it relates to increasing student success especially for online and developmental education students.
- Objective 2.11. Partner with local secondary schools to improve college readiness.
Approved by the Board of Trustees February, 2017