Tells who we are as an institution and what we do
Sauk Valley Community College is dedicated to teaching and scholarship while engaging the community in lifelong learning, public service, and economic development.
Tells where we want to go as an institution
Sauk Valley Community College will be recognized as a benchmark institution of higher education that provides exceptional learning opportunities in response to the diverse needs of its students and community.
Shared Ethical Values
Tells how we do what we do
Recognizing that education is the single best means of improving the quality of people’s lives, we the people of the SVCC community commit to living these shared ethical values:
- We respect the worth and dignity of all people.
- We value and advocate that all take responsibility for themselves, their learning, and the environment.
- We advocate fairness and just treatment of all people.
- We expect and constantly stand for integrity, honesty, and ethical treatment of all people.
- We value the creation of opportunities in a caring environment.
Goals & Objectives
Strategic activities that will move the College toward its vision
Tactical activities that will enable the College to achieve its goals
Goal #1: The College will expand and improve the quality of programs & services.
- Improve existing instructional courses and programs using available data and resources including data from program reviews and assessment activities.
- Offer appropriate instructional courses and programs for our community and our students using available resources and data.
- While maintaining academic quality, expand the number of courses and programs that can be completed through alternate delivery methods to expand student access.
- Improve existing services to students using available resources and data including data from program reviews.
- Offer appropriate services to students using available resources and data including data from program reviews.
- Maintain and improve facilities, technology and equipment.
Goal #2: The College will continue to emphasize lifetime student success.
- While maintaining academic quality, improve student persistence in classes.
- While maintaining academic quality, increase semester to semester retention rates.
- Increase the number of students who come to the College for continuing education.
- Increase gainful employment opportunities for those enrolled in career programs.
Goal #3: The College will maintain an appropriate operating fund surplus.
- Identify and implement methods to increase revenues.
- Identify and implement methods to decrease expenses.
- Improve the efficiency of College operations.
Goal #4: The College will be proactive and responsive to community needs.
- Expand and strengthen relationships and services with community members and organizations.
- Maintain and improve communication with key stakeholders.
Goal #5: The College will enhance community awareness through a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Conduct a market analysis of the College community.
- Conduct a market analysis of the internal College environment.
- Enhance the reputation of the College as a quality institution of higher education.
- Enhance business awareness of the educational opportunities provided by the College.
- Enhance the awareness of the availability of College facilities for community functions.
- Increase enrollment.
Goal #6: The College will seek to maximize performance based funding.
While maintaining academic quality and in accordance with State standards, the College will:
- Increase completion rates.
- Increase transfer rates.
- Increase the percentage of non-college ready students to college level courses.
- Increase student momentum (increase the number of credit hours completed by students each semester).