|Masters||Psychology||2013 -||Ball State Univ/Teachers Coll|
Sauk Valley Community College
- Best way to contact me
- Email me if you want to meet to discuss psychology, have any questions about class, or just to say hello!
- Specialty Areas
- Prior to teaching, research in psychology was my area of focus. I did my Masters Thesis on measuring people's attitude toward seeking psychological help using the Implicit Association Test (uses reaction time to measure hidden attitudes). I specialize in psychological research but enjoy learning and teaching about all kinds of research/ topics in psychology and sociology. I discovered my passion for psychology/ sociology at Sauk years ago and I hope to help you do the same (if not at least make learning about it enjoyable and valuable).
- Courses Taught
- I have taught Introduction to Psychology, Child Development, Human Growth and Development, and Social Psychology. I have also taught First Year Experience.
- Graduated with Cum Laude Honors while obtaining my Bachelor's of Science from Northern Illinois University. Graduated with Summa Cum Laude Honors from Ball State University where I got Masters of Arts in Psychology.
- I am interested in various psychological and sociological phenomenon including: uniqueness, helping behavior, body image, happiness, the influence of social norms, conformity and group behavior. In my free time I watch movies, play video games, and of course, read psychology articles.
- What I like most about SVCC
- SVCC is a great, affordable starting point for a student with any background. Sauk can help you discover what you love and is a great starting point for many different career paths.