Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
Dean of Health Professions
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Coordinate with faculty of the academic area and with administration to complete academic area documents and plans in a timely manner. Assist in communication between full-time and adjunct faculty and between faculty and administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet monthly with the academic deans and the Academic Vice-President to discuss academic issues- Wednesdays on non-full faculty meeting days. Dates to be determined.
- Serve on the Institutional Effectiveness Committee, attendance is mandatory; Serve on Leadership Council.
- Attend one annual summer planning meeting to prepare for the upcoming academic year.
- Coordinate faculty efforts in planning, executing, collecting, and documenting academic assessment data from the appropriate area.
- Assist the Institutional Effectiveness Committee, Academic Deans/VP, and the Institutional Research office in reviewing assessment data and proposing program and institutional changes.
- Coordinate participation in and completion of DIME forms, professional development plans, and funding requests (e.g., funding bonds) to support academic initiatives for all appropriate academic areas, and submit these plans to the appropriate academic Dean for feedback.
- Invite adjunct faculty to all area discussions, even if virtually, and regularly communicate with them to seek their input on DIME forms, program reviews, data planning sheets, and other area planning documents.
- Serve as lead program review author and coordinate with discipline faculty and the Director of Research and Planning to ensure timely submission of program review reports.
- Assist the appropriate academic dean and area faculty, including part-time faculty, to update academic programs, course outlines, syllabi, and book selections through the use of the data planning sheets.
- Assist in collecting current course outlines and master course syllabi from area faculty and finalize the curriculum committee submission process by completing the respective curriculum action form(s).
- Utilize the IAI website and consult with the transfer coordinator on completion of IAI course outlines.
- Through the use of data planning sheets assist faculty in aligning curriculum to workforce/certification needs, educational pathways of district high schools and universities, and external entities including the IAI, the ICCB, and the HLC.
- Provide documentation of outcomes and recommendations (e.g., agendas and committee minutes) for each area meeting in FAST.
- Through the use of data planning sheets assist faculty with semester course schedule recommendations and coordinate with appropriate academic dean.
- When appropriate, work with deans and VP to maintain consistency of academic outcomes between faculty and adjunct faculty, including dual credit.
- Assist administration in writing grants and cultivating donations in support of the academic area.
- Assist in recruiting and mentoring new full-time and adjunct faculty; attend adjunct faculty trainings as needed.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be excellent at time management and organization.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products (including Word and Excel).
- Must be able to work some evenings and Fridays.
Frequent and personal contact is made with all levels of college personnel, faculty, students, and organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
No supervision required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.