Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Facilities
- Assistant Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
Dean of Health Professions
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Coordinate with faculty of the academic area and with administration to complete academic area documents and plans in a timely manner. Assist in communication between full-time and adjunct faculty and between faculty and administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet monthly with the academic deans and the academic vice-president to discuss academic issues (would fulfill the faculty contractual committee obligation).
- Serve on Leadership Council; attendance is optional.
- Invite adjunct faculty to all area discussions and regularly communicate with them and seek their input on operational plans, program reviews, and other area planning documents.
- Coordinate participation in and completion of operational plans for all appropriate academic areas and submit these plans to the appropriate academic Dean for feedback.
- Work with area faculty and the appropriate academic Dean to develop operational budgets, professional development plans, and funding requests (e.g., funding bonds) to support academic initiatives.
- Work with faculty program review authors and the Director of Research and Planning to ensure timely submission of program review reports.
- Assist the appropriate academic Dean and area faculty to update academic programs, course outlines and syllabi, and book selections.
- Assist in collecting current course outlines and master course syllabi from area faculty, and finalize the curriculum committee submission process.
- Provide leadership to align curriculum to workforce/certification needs, educational pathways of district high schools and universities, and with the expectations of external entities including the IAI, the ICCB, and the HLC.
- Provide documentation of outcomes and recommendations (e.g., committee minutes) for each area meeting.
- Coordinate faculty efforts in planning, executing, collecting, and documenting academic assessment data from the appropriate area, and assist the Assessment Committee, Academic Deans/VP, and the institutional research office in reviewing assessment data and proposing program and institutional changes based upon that data.
- Collaborate with area faculty to develop semester course schedule recommendations, deliver those course schedule recommendations to the appropriate academic Dean, and collaborate with the appropriate Dean to create a robust, student-friendly course schedule, which includes online learning needs.
- When appropriate, coordinate the development of departmental competency exams and create/review master lab assignments to maintain consistency of academic outcomes among faculty and adjunct faculty.
- Collaborate with Recruiting and Marketing Departments and involve area faculty in recruiting and marketing efforts.
- Assist administration in writing grants and cultivating donations in support of the academic area.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and mentoring new full-time and adjunct faculty; attend adjunct faculty workshops as requested by administration.
- Reflect upon your service and achievements as a Faculty Leader in the annual faculty self-evaluation.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be excellent at time management and organization.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products (including Word and Excel).
- Must be able to work some evenings and Fridays.
Frequent and personal contact is made with all levels of college personnel, faculty, students, and organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
No supervision required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.