Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Advancement
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Serve as the assistant to the Sauk Valley Community College Foundation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the financial assistant to the SVCC Foundation.
- Manages financial day-to-day operations of the Foundation.
- Perform a variety of accounting activities including payment of invoices; recording of journal entries; assisting with deposit of funds; and maintaining budgetary oversight on all Foundation projects and funds.
- Work with outside financial agencies to manage and invest Foundation project funds in accordance with Foundation policy.
- Receive, record, and acknowledge all gifts to the Foundation and maintain all records needed to satisfy IRS and Illinois Not-for-Profit Organization requirements.
- Prepare various reports for the Dean of Institutional Advancement, Foundation Board, and federal, state, and local offices as needed or required.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of the annual budget for the Foundation.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of the annual audit for the Foundation.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and coordinating preparations for various fundraising activities and events.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office products and web-based technologies.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Maintain regular contact with various departments, divisions and appropriate persons to handle fiscal responsibilities for the Foundation.
Associate’s degree required with emphasis in finance, accounting, data processing, and financial systems. Experience in a college setting preferred; excellent writing/editing skills required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.