Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Simulation Clinical Faculty
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Health Professions
CATEGORY:Full-time Faculty (9-month)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Coordinates and manages the college skills and simulation labs. Responsible for meeting program and student needs by assuring the effective and efficient operation of the labs, which includes overseeing the operation of high and medium fidelity technology to ensure safe and effective use of the simulation equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, update, and monitor simulation lab policies, procedures, use, and operation.
- Design and implement clinical simulation activities in alignment with the content of each nursing course.
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of specific nursing skills-based training and evaluation process.
- Plan, implement and teach faculty development programs relevant to simulation education and program student learning outcomes.
- Create and maintain a respectful and professional working environment, incorporating active learning, reflective thinking, and a confidential debriefing process.
- Perform data analysis to evaluate learning and satisfaction with simulation activities.
- Continually update and refine simulation experiences based on identified needs.
- Maintain lab inventory, ensures safe storage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Serve as a resource for students and faculty.
- Monitor and assure appropriate standards of lab cleanliness, provide for equipment maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Orient instructors in lab procedures, location and use of materials, and operation of equipment.
- Collaborate with community partners in the development and implementation of inter-professional simulation activities as directed.
- Manage and provide recommendations related to the simulation lab budget.
- Develop, in cooperation with the supervisor, annual goals for the simulation lab.
- Work closely with college faculty; assuring appropriate integration of simulation and lab activities, to maximize utilization and moderate costs.
- Participate on committees related to curriculum design and/or performance assessment from the simulation perspective.
- Model professional nursing standards.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work evenings as required.
Maintain regular contact with appropriate personnel and faculty within the department to ensure that fundamental and simulation lab activities align with course material. Frequent interaction and personal contact with instructors, students, professional-technical staff, and equipment vendors.
No supervision required.
Master’s degree in nursing; licensed (or eligible for licensure) as a registered nurse in Illinois; at least two-year’s experience in simulation and skills lab teaching, and recent medical-surgical experience. CHSE certification desired. Ability to prepare and organize simulation laboratory activities, utilize advanced technical simlab equipment, and communicate that knowledge to others as appropriate. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of alternative teaching/learning options, curriculum design and evaluation, and ability to contribute to instructional vitality and growth of the simulation laboratory. Ability to anticipate and effectively adapt to changes in program requirements and methodology; and work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. Evidence of support for the mission of a comprehensive community college.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.