TITLE:Enterprise Database and Server Administrator
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Information and Security
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for SVCC enterprise database maintenance and support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform technical activities related to the design, analysis, development, and tuning of the Oracle databases and Banner.
- Monitor Oracle database backups, clone and refresh databases from the production environment to development and testing environments as needed.
- Develop triggers and other programs as needed for business processes.
- Maintain various security grants and roles for the Oracle database structure and within the Banner security construct.
- Perform systems installation, integration, maintenance, and performance management of the Oracle databases.
- Provide backup support and assistance as necessary for installation and upgrades of Banner and related applications in production, development, and test environments.
- Maintain and update Banner servers; provide backup support for other server or network related issues.
- Provide backup Active Directory administration for user setups, moves, and system permissions.
- Document internal system infrastructure and workflow processes.
- Provide backup support to other ITS personnel as assigned by supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills.
- Must be able to operate computers.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Position requires on-call availability in case of system malfunctions and must perform upgrades and maintenance during off-hours.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience required, with community college experience preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Experience with relational databases and SQL required, with Oracle database or Banner experience strongly preferred. Linux, Tomcat, VMware, and Active Directory experience preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.