TITLE:Coordinator of Regional Economic Development
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for managing economic development within the college’s district by serving as an external economic development representative to local government, business and industry, agencies, consortia, partnerships, and regional economic development and planning groups throughout the district. The position seeks to understand and promote regional economic development opportunities, especially those aligned with the College’s mission and vision. Additionally, the position cultivates and promotes positive and substantive relationships and serves as a leader of and an advocate for the College within the external community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the execution and planning of collaborative economic development efforts that enhance the mission and goals of the College.
- Seek out potential revenue streams to support economic development initiatives.
- Partner with the Sauk Valley College Foundation to promote the regional economic development realty and potential of Foundation and College efforts.
- Work collaboratively with college faculty and staff to facilitate the design, development, and implementation of economic development initiatives.
- Work with appropriate SVCC divisions and departments on the development and implementation of various programs and grants assuming compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as the college’s primary liaison to appropriate economic development organizations.
- Work with elected officials on regional economic development needs/initiatives.
- Maintain professional contact through participation in necessary seminars and professional meetings.
- Develop in cooperation with the supervisor annual goals and objectives.
- Prepare and submit to the supervisor an annual report summarizing accomplishments of the previous year.
- Serve as a member of Leadership Council and cooperate with all members of the administration in addressing issues that relate to both Economic Development and the overall mission of the College.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to department personnel, institution, local community areas, and Board of Trustees as required.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision is required.
College degree in a related field required; bachelor’s degree is preferred. Five years of experience in economic development, government, business, or industry. History of community focus and engagement. Leadership and program management experience. Excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.