TITLE:Fitness Center Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
DEPARTMENT:Athletics / Fitness Center
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for assisting the Director in the daily operations of the Fitness Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and supervise Fitness Center usage.
- Monitor and maintain PED student exercise records, including adding data into the computer.
- Open Fitness Center daily.
- Provide proper maintenance and cleaning of equipment and facility.
- Promote Fitness Center to students, faculty, and staff.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- General physical effort required includes standing, walking, bending, lifting, and reaching.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and general public in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
GED or HS diploma required. Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and students.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.