TITLE:Administrative Assistant - Adult Education
SUPERVISED BY:Program Director of Adult Education
GRADE:Support - Grade 3
CATEGORY:Part-time Support - 20-25 hours per week
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the adult education department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsible office functions including correspondence, contracts, preparation of reports, answering the phones, completing the required paperwork and forms to the business office, maintenance of confidential information, and providing general information upon request.
- Schedule and reserve meeting rooms and sites as needed for both meetings and classes.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Assist in entering data for compliance with the state and federal grant guidelines.
- Submit and input all instructor, class, and volunteer/student information into both Banner and Daisi.
- Assist with the coordination of workshops, meetings, and professional development for both the instructors and students.
- Assist with the registration and the testing process of the students when needed.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess good verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products and Banner.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, volunteers, and general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
No supervision required.
High school diploma or GED with two years of responsible office experience required; associates preferred. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet applications required. Must have good communication and human relations skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.