SUPERVISED BY:Assistant Director of Facilities
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform a variety of activities involved in maintaining a high standard of appearance of Sauk Valley Community College buildings and grounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of activities relative to repair and maintenance of all aspects of the physical plant.
- Adhere to College safety program and perform work in a safe, professional manner.
- Perform remodeling, redecorating, or other repair and maintenance activities such as painting, carpentry, caulking and sealing, pouring and finishing cement, brick pointing, installing shelves and the like as assigned.
- Assist in mechanical maintenance and other Facilities functions as assigned.
- Perform custodial activities such as cleaning, trash pickup, moving furniture, etc.
- Assume all other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to read and understand the safety requirements as outlined for all chemicals displayed on MSDS sheets.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to other staff as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., and push/pull 500 lbs. on a cart.
- Must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, kneel, crouch, and crawl into tight spaces as required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
High school or GED required. Basic knowledge of general maintenance, custodial, and grounds work is required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.