Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:TRIO Tutoring Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Student Support Services Project Director
Academic Support Coordinator/Advisor
DEPARTMENT:Student Support Services
CATEGORY:Part-time Support (Grant Funded)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Manage the daily functions of the TRIO tutoring program and assist with departmental data collection and analysis efforts assigned by Program Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Tutor/Career Advisor in managing team of peer tutors.
- Serve as point of contact between peer tutors and student.
- Schedule tutoring sessions based on tutor and student availability and academic subject area.
- Identify and refer tutors and students to appropriate supplementary materials.
- Maintain current tutoring records.
- Manage all forms and materials related to tutoring program.
- Help administer, collect, and organize data collected from internal assessments and surveys.
- Collaborate with Tutor/Career Advisor to improve forms and processes and to develop training for tutors.
- Consult with Administrative Assistant and Program Director to effectively manage front-desk area.
- Maintain an orderly and positive front-desk environment for students and co-workers.
- Serve as front desk receptionist when needed.
- Perform data collection and analysis related to Annual Performance Review
- Use data to create targeted marketing for services based on student needs and program goals.
- Work with Administrative Assistant, Advising Team, and Director to use data to improve retention and academic success efforts.
- Assume all other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide oral/verbal responses to student questions, and assist faculty given general guidance.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, faculty, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work-study students.
Associate’s degree or equivalent education or experience required. The successful candidate must have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, database and spreadsheet application skills, and experience managing a team of tutors.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.