TITLE:Disability Support Office Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Coordinator of Disability Support
DEPARTMENT:Disability Support Office
CATEGORY:Part time Support Staff (25 hours per week)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Performs responsible administrative duties for the disability support office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist students in using adaptive and assistive technologies.
- Create documents using assistive technologies.
- Maintain calendar for the Coordinator of Disability Support.
- Coordinate with instructional staff on testing, accommodations and other issues of concern for students registered with the disability support office.
- Serve as a proctor for students registered with disability support office.
- Oversee the disability support office when the coordinator is off-campus.
- Operate the Banner, Argos, and Filebound systems.
- Maintain, oversee tracking, and check-out of assistive technology for students registered with the disability support office.
- Organize and perform office responsibilities including typing, filing, telephone coverage, maintaining confidential information, scheduling, invoice processing, word processing, and submit purchase orders.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must support and understand the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to handle discreet and sensitive issues maintaining confidentiality.
- Must have strong skills in customer service and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and other individuals.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to utilize adaptive and assistive technologies.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, student and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work study students.
High school diploma or GED with three to five years of responsible office experience or equivalent education and experience required; associate’s degree is preferred. Strong communication, organizational, and computer skills (MS Word and Excel) required; Microsoft Access preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.