Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Faculty Coordinator of English Language Arts
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
DEPARTMENT:General Education and Transfer Programs
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The Faculty Coordinator of English Language Arts will develop and revise the developmental program for English Language Arts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach all levels of ELA classes.
- Organize and hold ELA instructor orientation at the beginning of each semester.
- Coordinate the lab portion of ELA 095 and ELA 099 as well as ELA 090.
- Monitor every students’ progress through the ELA sequence and keep appropriate records to facilitate the self-paced approach approved for implementation in the fall.
- Provide faculty development in best practices for assisting developmental students in college-level classes.
- Maintain communication and collaborate with other College departments to facilitate student retention and growth at the College.
- Coordinate developmental course offerings every semester.
- Prepare and submit to supervisor an annual report summarizing the accomplishments of the ELA program for the previous year.
- With the developmental math coordinator, represent the College in local and state organizations and meetings regarding developmental education.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to work with the general public, employees, and students.
Frequent and personal contact is made with all levels of college personnel, faculty, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
No supervision required.
Master’s degree in post-secondary literacy or 18 graduate hours in developmental reading and writing. Pedagogical proclivity to work with developmental students, including a willingness to provide intrusive, individualized instruction. Experience in teaching and working with developmental students in a community college environment.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.