TITLE:Enterprise Application Support and Integration Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Information and Security
DEPARTMENT:Information Technology Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Work within the Information Technology Services department to provide ITS services to staff and students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist users in general support of day-to-day operations of Banner and related applications; track issue resolution with Ellucian as necessary.
- Create and assist departments with the maintenance of documentation for Banner processes, procedures, and new features as needed.
- Provide needed training to users including new user training and training on processes, procedures, and new features.
- Read and review release guides for new features of Banner and work with departments to determine what new features should be implemented.
- Assist the System Analyst/DBA with project and feature implementation and testing.
- Perform regular checks of data including running monthly validation reports.
- Work with System Analyst/DBA to create a consistent theme for Banner web applications.
- Develop and maintain custom web database applications integrated with Banner and other Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Develop and maintain automated import/export processes in the web content management system and integrate the College website with other software packages.
- Provide backup support to other ITS personnel as assigned by supervisor.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have attention to detail, creative mind, and technical competence.
- General physical effort required includes standing and walking, some bending, lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and reaching
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours as needed.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Associate’s degree in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience required. One year of relevant work experience required, with community college experience preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.