TITLE:Integrated Career and Academic Preparation Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY:Program Director of Adult Education
CATEGORY:Prof-Tech Part-time (Grant Funded - 24 hours)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Support and provide high quality learning opportunities that assist students in meeting their educational goals and career aspirations; develop, design, and create transitional opportunities for students which relate to enrollment in higher education and/or career training; perform instructional-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of the College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide academic support for students in multiple subject areas.
- Mentor students by communicating expectations, providing guidance, and monitoring student progress toward job attainment.
- Identify and refer students to appropriate supplementary materials or services which develop workforce skills.
- Develop systems for recruiting students seeking to attain a GED and/or career internships.
- Build community business partnerships to support career internships or job shadowing.
- Maintain current knowledge of workforce skills necessary to support community workforce needs.
- Support the use of supplemental technology programs when appropriate and available.
- Use formal and informal assessment strategies to manage student learning and monitor progress.
- Participate in department efforts aimed at improving programs and services.
- Maintain current knowledge of the field of adult education.
- Maintain student files and records in accordance with department and grant requirements, and submit them regularly and/or by request to the office of Adult Education.
- Develop and implement Adult Education Bridge and career exploration classes.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by email and phone on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations and instruction to students, employees, and the general public.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to travel to employer/partner sites.
Frequent contact is made with business representatives, students, volunteers, and general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Bachelor’s degree and experience teaching or counseling adult learners are required. Knowledgeable in the area of adult education, workforce development, and bi-lingual are preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.