Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of the President the Pandemic Administrator serves as the point-person for the implementation and coordination of all pandemic related procedures for Sauk Valley Community College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on federal, state and local guidelines for the pandemic and ensure the college is complying with all requirements.
- This position will become the definitive source of what is required and the recommendations for the College related to physical distancing, masks, cleaning protocols, et al.
- Communicate and coordinate closely with health departments on all pandemic related health issues.
- Communicate and coordinate across the rest of the college to ensure all departments are appraised of the requirements and are complying with updates as they occur.
- Identify any potential conflicts on campus and elevate those issues to the President’s Cabinet member in charge of the area for resolution.
- Provide training to faculty, staff, and students related to the procedures adopted related to protecting our community from the pandemic and responding to any potential infections appropriately.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications to ensure that all college websites, social media, and other media are aware of the latest information and that the FAQs are current on a regular basis.
- Oversee daily check-in logs, visitor logs and other methods of tracking people at the college and assisting, as needed, with contact tracing.
- Function as the primary point person between the college and the local health department and other local, regional and state officials as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the HR Director and Dean for Students to establish and refine protocols for employees and students related to all aspects of the pandemic.
- Coordinate with the Business Office regarding all pandemic related budget items.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations.
- Must be able to work with computers.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
A bachelor’s degree is required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.