Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Serves as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer; oversees college services including business office, bookstore, AmeriCorps, and food services. Responsible for establishing and maintaining a proper system of accounting, purchasing, inventory control, payroll, financial reporting, and budgetary control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of the College.
- Oversee college services including business office, bookstore, AmeriCorps, and food services.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of accounting, payroll, purchasing and budgetary control.
- Coordinate capital projects with the Director of Facilities for maintenance, alteration, and improvement of buildings or site improvements.
- Prepare various reports for the President, Board of Trustees, and federal, state and local offices.
- Assist President in development and recommendation of business policies to the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate preparation of annual budget.
- Coordinate preparation of the annual audit.
- Train College staff in fiscal procedures.
- Prepare annual tax levy.
- Is responsible for College Risk Management program.
- Administer 403(b) plan.
- Assist with Foundation bookkeeping including, but not limited to, validating Foundation transactions, journal entries, and purchases; sign outgoing checks and assist with RFP for auditing services for the Foundation.
- Provide financial analysis in all phases of College planning.
- Monitor grant expenditures and financial aid awards, including working with the financial assistance office in the disbursement of Pell grants, SEOG, workstudy, scholarship deposits, and other financial aid awards.
- Oversee inventory and security of all College equipment.
- Is responsible for all College property and liability insurance programs.
- Maintain professional contact through participation in necessary seminars and professional meetings.
- Serve as a member of the administrative team, including service on the Administrative Council and the President’s Cabinet and cooperate with all members of the administration in addressing issues that relate to business services and the overall mission of the College.
- Develop in cooperation with the President annual goals and objectives.
- Prepare and submit to the President an annual report summarizing accomplishments of the previous year.
- Provide oversight of worker’s compensation claims.
- Assume all other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by the College President.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to department personnel, institution and Board of Trustees.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
Maintain regular contact with departments, divisions, and appropriate personnel to ensure that the business services division functions effectively. Frequent interaction and personal contact with community leaders, the general public, outside organizations, and state governing boards pertaining to the division.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over the Controller and the AmeriCorps Program Director. Functional supervision exercised over the Bookstore Manager and Food Service Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required; CPA and/or CMA preferred; five years business experience preferably in a college setting; supervisory experience; demonstrated interpersonal and public relations skills required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.