Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Director of Facilities
TITLE:Account Receivable Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform a variety of highly responsible accounting activities involved in the maintenance accounts receivable and cashiering functions for the College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and perform cashiering services.
- Maintain and invoice student and non-student accounts receivable.
- Perform confidential consultations with students (and their guardians, if appropriate) over account balances and payment plans.
- Coordinate billing and student accounts receivable for dual credit program administered through participating school districts.
- Coordinate weekly student refund activities.
- Coordinate debt collection.
- Coordinate disbursement of aid to students; post approval of financial aid.
- Balance and deposit receipts; record to the general ledger.
- Balance accounts receivable subledgers to the general ledger, daily.
- Research and propose process and/or technology enhancements.
- Perform a variety of accounting activities and reporting involved in the maintenance of restricted purpose funds.
- Assist and backup other business office personnel as required.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong skills in customer service.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual communications with staff and students.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must apply appropriate discretion with confidential student or College information and/or Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Must be able to work evenings as required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, student and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated cashier staff and/or work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree in business or accounting and five years of accounting office experience is or equivalent education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Knowledge of general accounting principles, experience with computerized accounting software, experience with Microsoft Excel, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality of student records required. Knowledge of Banner enterprise software is preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.