TITLE:Administrative Assistant to Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Facilities
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible administrative, technical, and office duties for the facilities department. Oversee operations of the office and assist the supervisor with administering department functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the supervisor, including but not limited to, preparing correspondence and other necessary forms, answering the telephone, and providing general information and assistance upon request.
- Answer and screen telephone calls, provide accurate information, and take messages as appropriate.
- Schedule the supervisor’s calendar, including making appointments, scheduling meetings, and reserving meeting rooms as needed.
- Assist the supervisor in monitoring the budget.
- Maintain files and records necessary for the compilation of reports for specific purposes or personnel.
- Order supplies, perform follow-up, receive supplies, and deliver as required.
- Assist in training, assigning responsibilities, and supervising College work-studies in the office.
- Oversee the license, permit, and inspection of the underground storage tanks.
- Maintain College van fleet, including keeping track of reservations and expenses, scheduling repairs, and preparing necessary reports.
- Coordinate the update of facility drawings and documents (electronic and paper) to reflect improvements and changes.
- Administer and monitor all safety-related programs and attend ICCRMC safety committee meetings.
- Assist with liability claims process and worker’s compensation claims.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, student and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree and two years of responsible office experience or equivalent education and experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required. Experience with bookkeeping and blueprint reading preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.