Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Administrative Assistant to Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Facilities
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible administrative, technical, and office duties for the facilities department. Oversee operations of the office and assist the supervisor with administering department functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the supervisor, including but not limited to, preparing correspondence and other necessary forms, answering the telephone, and providing general information and assistance upon request.
- Answer and screen telephone calls, provide accurate information, and take messages as appropriate for the Facilities division and the College switchboard as needed.
- Schedule the supervisor’s calendar, including making appointments, scheduling meetings, and reserving meeting rooms as needed.
- Assist the supervisor in monitoring the budget.
- Maintain files and records necessary for the compilation of reports for specific purposes or personnel.
- Order supplies, perform follow-up, receive supplies, and deliver as required.
- Assist in training, assigning responsibilities, and supervising College work-studies in the office.
- Oversee the license, permit, and inspection of the underground storage tanks.
- Maintain College van fleet, including keeping track of reservations and expenses, scheduling repairs, and preparing necessary reports.
- Coordinate the update of facility drawings and documents (electronic and paper) to reflect improvements and changes.
- Administer and monitor all safety-related programs and attend ICCRMC safety committee meetings.
- Oversee operation of the mail room and shipping/receiving; process outgoing mail and packages.
- Prepare and track contracts and invoices for external bookings.
- Coordinate special events, conferences, and equipment between appropriate College departments and outside parties who are using College facilities.
- Book room reservations for meetings and special classes. Enter in Banner all activities held at the College outside of regularly scheduled classes.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to operate office equipment proficiently.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, student and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work-study personnel.
Associate’s degree and two years of responsible office experience or equivalent education and experience required. Proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet required. Experience with bookkeeping and blueprint reading preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.