TITLE:Coordinator of Student Recruitment
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Academics and Student Services
DEPARTMENT:Academics and Student Services
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the development, coordination, and operation of Sauk Valley Community College’s student recruitment program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a comprehensive student recruitment program by communicating with and visiting area middle schools, high schools, colleges, and communities.
- Build and maintain effective relationships between the area high schools and the College.
- Plan and provide for activities and communications with potential students and parents.
- Assist prospective students with an understanding of academic placement requirements, programs of study, financial aid information, and scholarships.
- Arrange and organize meetings with high school counselors, school administrators, community groups, and business organizations.
- Arrange visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Assist in the development of auxiliary programs and services designed to assist students, such as scholarship programs, recruitment, and retention.
- Provide K-8 students and families the skills and knowledge necessary to understand and navigate policies/procedures associated with the College experience.
- Represent SVCC to recruit potential students at activities such as job and trade fairs, community activities, and area businesses.
- Coordinate services and activities with other College departments which enhance recruitment activities and connect the College with prospective students.
- Organize and coordinate a peer recruitment program, which includes activities such as facilitating campus tours, recruitment and/or retention activities, and delivering special College events.
- Respond to web queries from interested potential students.
- Prepare and submit to the supervisor a monthly report summarizing activities and accomplishments of the previous month.
- Maintain the marketing and recruiting google document to track outreach efforts.
- Develop in cooperation with the supervisor, annual goals and objectives.
- Assume all other professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to students, staff, community groups, parents, and potential students.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products and social media.
- Must be able to travel to various sites throughout the district.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
SVCC ambassadors and College student workers.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year of experience, preferably in a community college. Experience in recruitment and retention preferred. Strong oral communication skills required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.