TITLE:Administrative Assistant to Athletics and Fitness Center
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
GRADE:Support - Grade 4
CATEGORY:Full-time Support Staff
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Perform responsible administrative, technical, and office duties for the Athletics department and Fitness Center. Oversee operations of the department and assist the Athletic Director in administrating department functions. Provide front-line information and assist with facility use and membership for the Fitness Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform responsible office and administrative duties for the Athletic Director, including but not limited to, preparing correspondence and other necessary forms, answering the telephone, and providing general information and assistance upon request.
- Maintain organized files, complete purchase orders, organize special events, monitor, process and record insurance forms, generate check requests, and maintain master copies, etc.
- Assist the director in scheduling events, reserving rooms, and distributing promotional information throughout the College which includes, but is not limited to event contracts, officials’ contracts, and contacting officials prior to contests.
- Schedule the director’s calendar, including scheduling appointments/meetings and reserving meeting rooms as needed.
- Assist the director in monitoring budgets and provide updated budget reports to coaches.
- Ensure revenue is deposited in coordination with the business office for athletic events and projects.
- Work with the director in hiring, training, assigning, and supervising College work-studies.
- Prepare material for brochures and flyers for special program offerings, sport camps, and end-of-year tournaments.
- Process and record all letters of intent and athletic waivers.
- Assist the booster club in scheduling meetings, preparing mailings, and budgeting expenditures; assist in coordination of fundraisers.
- Assist with maintaining the athletic website.
- Maintain, update and monitor sport specific social media accounts.
- Responsible for fall and spring sports program guides and athletic packets (insurance and emergency information, release and policy approvals, etc.).
- Assist director with pre-game responsibilities.
- Assist coaches and athletic department staff as needed (sign-up sheets, class team rosters, purchase orders, etc.).
- Safeguard student information in accordance with relevant privacy laws, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Student Right to Know.
- Participate in the development of the department operational plan.
- Operate Fitness Center front desk including membership sales and facility usage.
- Clearly articulate, enforce, and educate patrons on all rules, policies, and procedures.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to operate computers and other software. Proficiency in computer entry and word processing required.
- Must be able to proficiently operate office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in person, by telephone, and electronically on a daily basis.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, students and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing routine departmental services and duties.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work study personnel.
High school diploma or GED and three to five years of customer service or equivalent education and experience required; associate’s degree is preferred. The candidate must possess strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to listen and respond to inquiries with clear and concise directions. The ability to work in a fast paced environment is a must. Experience with Banner preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.