Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Facilities
- Assistant Director of Facilities
TITLE:Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Student Services
DEPARTMENT:Admissions and Records
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Organize, supervise, and perform a variety of administrative and clerical activities in enrollment management services (admissions and records). This position is responsible for all activities related to admissions, registration, student records, graduation requirements, and commencement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and certify graduates; order diplomas; prepare certificates, correspondence, and waivers.
- Organize and prepare for commencement, including rehearsal, preparation of commencement programs, and distribution of diplomas.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the enrollment services area.
- Supervise and monitor personnel in the enrollment services area.
- Coordinate annual audits (i.e., ICCB and North Central).
- Provide necessary enrollment reports to College officials, outside agencies and auditors.
- Provide information and assistance to students as needed concerning registration, program changes, etc.
- Responsible for class roster notifications to faculty, recording of deficiencies and final grades, and assisting in resolution of registration discrepancies.
- Collaborate with the information services department on issues related to the electronic programs and services of the office (i.e., Banner, Filebound, webpages, and National Student Clearinghouse).
- Oversee activities related to Dual Credit, Jump Start, and New Student Orientation.
- Prepare and maintain academic terms and CAPP (Curriculum, Advising and Program Planning) catalog in Banner.
- Manage all updates to the student information system pertaining tp students’ personal and academic data, such as registration, grades, grade changes, personal information and academic achievements.
- Manage issuance of official and unofficial transcripts, and enrollment verification information.
- Enforce College policy related to student admissions and records.
- Collaborate with the Athletic Director to certify all athletic eligibility and track individual athletes throughout the school year.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget for Admissions and Records, and commencement.
- Serve as a point of contact for issues pertaining to FERPA.
- Serve as Administrator on Duty on a rotating basis (3% tort).
- Serve as a member of the administrative team, including service on the administrative council and cooperate with all members of administration in addressing issues that relate to both student support services and the overall mission of the College.
- Prepare and submit to the supervisor all reports required or requested by the College including operational plans.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must support and understand the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must have strong computer literacy skills.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to provide oral/verbal presentations to students, faculty, staff and general public.
- Must be able to use and read information stored on microfilm.
- Must have the ability to work weekends and evenings as required.
Frequent and personal contact is made with all levels of College personnel, faculty, students, the general public, and outside organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over Enrollment Management Assistant, Enrollment Management Specialists, Dual Credit Coordinator, Records Analyst, and work-study personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of two years of work experience in higher education or equivalent combination of education and experience required; master’s degree preferred. Supervisory experience in an educational setting and experience with Banner preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.