SUPERVISED BY:Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
DEPARTMENT:Admissions and Records
GRADE:Support - Grade 4
CATEGORY:Full-time Support Staff (some evening hours)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Responsible for evaluation of all incoming student transcripts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and process incoming educational records from colleges/universities, foreign institutions, and secondary schools.
- Review student transcripts for the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) requirements and identify courses accordingly.
- Coordinate data entry of credit by evaluation, including but not limited to, Advanced Placement and CLEP credit, Dantes scores, Department of Correction credit, and high school courses for college credit.
- Process GED, Constitution and ACT scores.
- Coordinate with students, faculty and staff issues regarding the analysis of transcripts.
- Process student record information into the computer system.
- Answer telephone and provide information and assistance as appropriate
- Assist in general office duties, especially during registration times.
- Assist in the cross training of department staff in transcript evaluation.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Registrar.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders and presentations from supervisor and to the general public.
- Must be able to operate computers.
- 95% of time sitting at desk entering data into computer systems, with 5% standing to assist students and filing.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and in providing information and assistance.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College work-study students.
Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three years of collegiate admissions, records analysis, or records management work and familiarity with Banner preferred. Word processing and data entry skills required. Understanding of academic credit and degree requirements, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to work independently required. Must demonstrate sound judgment.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.