Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Facilities
- Assistant Director of Facilities
TITLE:Enrollment Management Specialist
SUPERVISED BY:Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
DEPARTMENT:Admissions and Records
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Assist and guide the general public and College staff with the verification portion of the enrollment management process. Responsibilities include creation and maintenance of manual and computerized preparation of documents, filing, composition of routine correspondence and reports, and clerical office support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide information by telephone, correspondence, e-mail, in-person, one-on-one, or in groups regarding enrollment and program information (credit and non-credit).
- Provide information and assistance on College policies and procedures to students, faculty, administrators, and the general public, and outside organizations regarding enrollment management processes and procedures.
- Assist in the student registration and record keeping functions.
- Refer students to other services including, but not limited to the testing center, financial assistance, academic advising, business and community services, and disability support services.
- Schedule appointments for the one-stop area.
- Prepare transcripts upon written request from students.
- Educate and assist current and former students, staff, and faculty with on-line technical assistance (i.e. SOAR, e-mail, on-line forms, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.).
- Assess and process applications, registrations, and changes in student information, eligibility, and residency requirements (i.e. Banner and Filebound).
- Safeguard student information in accordance with relevant privacy laws, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Student Right to Know.
- Participate in the development of the department operational plan.
- Assist with the training and supervision of student employees.
- Assist students in setting up payment options.
- Assist the records analyst with review, evaluation, and processing of high school transcripts including entering ACT, SAT and compass test scores into the BANNER system.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- There are additional primary and backup responsibilities for enrollment management specialists. A, B, C, and D. If the position is classified as position A, then all job responsibilities listed below as A would be primary, all other duties would be backup responsibilities.
- A. 1. Prepare in-house reports each semester, including “I” to “F” report, and any other needed reports.
- A. 2. Maintain Student Service Center budget and purchase orders as requested.
- A. 3. Prepare in-house reports each semester, including enrollment report and any other needed reports.
- A. 4. Process all student insurance and loan deferment forms.
- A. 5. Complete reverse transfer evaluations; evaluate and complete documentation.
- A. 6. Responsible for distribution and collection of all class and grade rosters.
- B. 1. Perform responsible support duties for the office; including, but not limited to preparing correspondence and other necessary forms (i.e. athletic eligibility etc.).
- B. 2. Prepare in-house reports each semester, including coaches’ report and any other needed reports.
- B. 3. Perform responsible support duties for the office; including, but not limited to: preparing correspondence and other necessary forms (i.e. intent to graduate, etc.).
- B. 4. Assist with preparation, generation, and distribution of diplomas and certificates.
- B. 5. Assist with new student orientation preparation and implementation (may require one Saturday at the beginning of each term).
- C. 1. Prepare Photo ID database and monitor the operation of the Student/Staff ID program.
- C. 2. Confirm and enter deceased flag on student records when appropriate.
- C. 3. Assist with front desk checking-in using the scheduling software and complete daily data entry of staff schedules.
- C. 4. Update student contact information from Who’s Next records.
- C. 5. Assist with new student orientation preparation and implementation (may require one Saturday at the beginning of each term).
- D. 1. Process dual credit registration and work with the business office to coordinate billing procedures for all dual credit students.
- D. 2. Assist with informational meetings for dual credit.
- D. 3. Assist with duties pertaining to dual enrollment functions including but not limited to tracking and verifying all admission requirements of Dual Credit students and preparing documents for Dual Credit registration.
- D. 4. Communicates with high school counselors if issues arise preventing registration (i.e. missing forms, prerequisites, etc.).
- D. 5. Assist with Academy application functions.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in person, by telephone, and electronically on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual/e-mail orders and presentations from supervisor and to the general public.
- Must be able to proficiently operate computers and software.
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Some evening hours required.
Frequent contact is made with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and departmental services.
Functional supervision is exercised over designated College student employees.
High school diploma or GED with (3) three to (5) five years of customer service or related experience required; associate’s preferred. The candidate must possess strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to listen and respond to inquiries with clear and concise directions. The ability to work in a fast paced environment is a must. Experience with Banner preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.