Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Facilities
- Assistant Director of Facilities
TITLE:Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
SUPERVISED BY:Vice President of Academics and Student Services
DEPARTMENT:General Education and Transfer
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Assist the Vice President of Academics and Student Services in the operation of the general education and transfer programs department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for hiring, training, observing, and reviewing of general education and transfer faculty.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of dual credit courses within the general education area including the coordination and scheduling of course offerings,approval of dual credit faculty qualifications, observation, evaluation, and providing appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of the instructional schedule for each semester, and in reviewing and submitting the final schedule to the Vice President of Academics and Student Services.
- Collaborate with faculty leaders to develop and coordinate the operational plan for various academic areas.
- Assist with ensuring that appropriate and quality faculty exist to teach all courses offered.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual general education and transfer programs budget.
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Council.
- Develop and assist with annual goals for the department.
- Responsible for the training, reviewing, and supervision of the Coordinator of Adult Education and the Director of the Learning Commons.
- Responsible for the planning, budgeting, and outcomes of the learning commons and adult education areas.
- Assist the Vice President of Academics and Student Services in coordinating the fall and spring kick-off events.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to faculty, staff, and students.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required..
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
Maintain regular contact with departments, divisions, appropriate personnel, and faculty to ensure that programs in the general education and transfer programs department function effectively. Frequent interaction and personal contact with community leaders, the general public, outside organizations, and state governing boards pertaining to the general education and transfer programs department.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over designated faculty, Coordinator of Adult Education, and the Director of the Learning Commons.
Master’s degree required. Evidence of support for the mission of a comprehensive community college with business or industrial experience, appreciation of teamwork, excellent oral and written communication skills, and computer literacy required. Knowledge/experience with alternative teaching/learning options; and curriculum design and evaluation is a must. Must have the ability to contribute to instructional vitality and growth.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.