Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Student Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Coordinates course articulation between two year and four year colleges and universities in Illinois.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the course articulation between the two-year and four-year colleges and universities in Illinois as it affects the students transferring from one institution to another.
- Arrange articulation workshops for faculty and academic advisors.
- Update course equivalency tables for in-house and external uses.
- Serve as an advocate for the student who transfers from one institution to another.
- Coordinate or oversee the publications prepared for the transfer student and/or advisors such as the curriculum guides, marketing materials, and general or program brochures.
- Coordinates information regarding the transfer process.
- Participate in program articulation agreements.
- Monitor and reports on the academic progress and mobility of students.
- Represents the institution at meetings of the Transfer Coordinators.
- Serves in a liaison role between institutions and ICCB.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to provide verbal/visual presentations to faculty, staff, and students.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
No supervision required.
Bachelor’s degree in education or related field with three years’ experience in an educational setting or equivalent education and experience; computer skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills required. Master’s degree in counseling, education, or related field; community college experience and knowledge of Banner software strongly preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.