Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Peer Mentor Lead Facilitator
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Student Services
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The Peer Mentor Lead Facilitator will play a crucial role in supporting and guiding our student peer mentors to ensure the success of our mentoring programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General office duties including filing, scanning, and copying and data entry.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to a team of student peer mentors.
- Conduct regular check-ins and team meetings.
- Help develop and implement training sessions for peer mentors.
- Work closely with peer mentors and licensed counselors to address the academic, personal, and social needs of mentees.
- Develop resources for mentors and mentees, including academic success tips, time management strategies, and study techniques
- Maintain accurate records of mentoring sessions, student progress, and program outcomes.
- Collect regular feedback from both mentors and mentees.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by office staff.
- Must display professionalism and confidentiality in all matters.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and precisely.
- Must be able to use computers.
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment.
- Must be able to follow directions.
Daily contact with College personnel, faculty, students, and the general public in the routine performance of duties and departmental services.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Prior experience working with peer mentors/mentees is strongly preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.